BlackFlash Magazine is about photography and new media in art. We
present critical opinions and ideas about contemporary art from across
Canada, the United States and beyond.
- The contest is open to Canadian residents only.
- Each entry must be an original, unpublished image (photograph, collage) or film/video work, not submitted elsewhere for publication, nor accepted elsewhere for publication, nor entered simultaneously in any other contest or competition for which it is also eligible to win a prize.
- The basic fee for entrants is $25 for a maximum of two entries. Payment can be made here or by sending a cheque or money order payable to BlackFlash Magazine at: PO Box 7381 STN Main, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 4J3
- All entries must be paid for or post marked by January 31, 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All entries in the contest will be judged anonymously, on merit alone.
- Every entrant receives a one-year subscription or subscription renewal extension to BlackFlash Magazine.
To enter please provide:
- Your information: Your name, complete mailing address, and email address.
- Entry information: Title of entry(ies), medium of work, date of creation, along with a short artist statement (500 words or less).
- Your entry or entries: All entries (images in jpeg format, videos in MP4 format, maximum file size of 20MB). All attachments can be uploaded directly here, or mailed to the address above on a CD or DVD.
Entries will not be returned. Keep a copy of your entry. Only the winners will be notified of the final results.
The Optic Nerve contest winner will be notified at the end of February, 2018, and have their work featured in the Spring issue in April.
Grand prize: $500
The winning entry and honourable mentions will be published in the Spring issue of BlackFlash magazine and showcased on our website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The winners are judged by a panel of independent and qualified judges from across Canada. Entries are scored based on artistic quality and technical merit.